New Beginnings 2016
Hi! I’m Michelle Headrick, the longtime Administrator of The Lodge. In October I introduced you to this Lodge Lore column. In this second issue I want to celebrate the exciting opportunities and events being offered to residents and guests in early 2016.
To begin with let me wish you all a very happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year. We at The Lodge will do everything in our power to assist you in that effort. The Lodge and its environs offer many opportunities for adventure, culture, and stimulation.
Here we go – Up, Up and Away…
Here are just a few of the activities we are offering as we begin 2016:
- Yoga and Tai Chi classes
- Overnight outings to Lake Quinault, Alderbrook Resort, and Seattle
- Happy Hours: the first one on January 25th at Stymie’s at The Cedars at Dungeness
- Film viewings in the Starlight Room at the Rose Theater in Port Townsend. See Errol Flynn as the swashbuckling Robin Hood in the classic film of the same name on January 27th.
- Fourth Friday readings hosted by Writers on the Spit – local writers reading their work with a shared mike for new and aspiring writers. Media Room at 6:30 on January 22nd
- Cribbage Crew will host games every Wednesday at 3:30 in the Game Room
- Knit and Crochet Group meeting on Sundays at 1p.m. in the Conference Room
As you can see there are many interesting activities and events coming up. In addition I want you to know that in keeping with our promise to provide the freshest, healthiest food and more choices, we have contracted with Charlie’s Produce in Seattle to provide more organic fruits and vegetables.
In keeping with the mention of food offerings:
Watch for the special Grand Opening of the Olympic Dining Room in February.
You won’t want to miss it.
Until next time, I hope this was interesting for you. We are looking forward to making your experience with us both happy and healthy.