What a year this has been… As the Executive Director, it has been challenging indeed. The Covid-19 pandemic has dramatically affected lives across the country, including ours here at The Lodge. Here in Sequim and Clallam County we have been fortunate. Our cases have been much lower than most of the rest of the country and we continue to serve our residents and community with our high-quality service.
We remain cautiously optimistic but stress the importance of adhering to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines of mask-wearing, hand-washing and social distancing.
We continue to offer our residents many of the activities they have come to enjoy.
- Our beautiful high-ceilinged dining room is open for two seatings at dinner, two people per table with tables placed six feet apart. In addition, we have plexiglass dividers on the tables for diners who are not related, and our cuisine remains the usual high quality our community has come to appreciate.
- Our large media room has been a boon because it allows us to offer games like Bingo and card games while creatively maintaining appropriate social distancing and the addition of special card holders and gloves.
- A.I.L. (Stay Active and Independent for Life) exercise classes developed by the Department of Health.
- With guidance from the state we have resumed our walks on the Discovery Trail and other interesting areas of the Olympic Peninsula.
- To keep the brain active, we continue to offer films, brain teasers like Sudoku, crosswords, word search and other games to keep everyone alert and challenged – as well as injecting humorous articles into the mix.
- We will continue to add classes to our activity calendar, including Spanish, in the coming winter months.
- And while, in person visits are currently limited, we are offering Zoom meetings for residents to meet face to face with their families.
While the pandemic has temporarily limited a number of activities, it’s fair to say that it has also brought many of us closer together. Unfortunately, some of our services have been temporarily curtailed.
- The Hair and Nail Salon is available to residents only
- The Massage and Chiropractic services are no longer available.
- The Bistro is closed until further notice.
- Our overnight Bed and Breakfast is unavailable until further notice.
- We are eager to resume our on-site services as permitted.
While we are limited in our ability to do on-site tours at the moment, our virtual tour will be on this site soon. In the meantime, check out our photo tour on the website or call us with your questions.
The Lodge at Sherwood Village