Though 2020 was a difficult year as I noted in the December installment of Lodge Lore we survived and with the days growing longer and sunnier I am full of optimism. Our amazing residents and staff have been vaccinated and are resuming activities that should soon bring us back something close to “normal.” For now though, despite the vaccinations we continue to observe the cautionary guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
It has been wonderful to see the excitement of our residents at the re-opening of our beautiful Olympic Dining Room where we are again serving three meals a day including two separate dinner seatings. Everyone was grateful when we were able to bring back live musical entertainment for the first time in a year and mark St. Patrick’s Day with a special holiday meal prepared by our Irish chef, Mark.
In spite of the Covid-19 restrictions The Lodge continues to offer the following activities:
- Spanish language, drawing, and meditation classes
- Active reading and movie groups
- Lending library
- Various technology-based activities, including ZOOM meetings and events
And, while the pandemic did temporarily limit some of our activities, we are resuming services little by little as noted.
- The Hair and Nail Salon is available but limited to residents.
- The Bistro is open again but limited to curbside pickup.
- Our overnight Bed and Breakfast is available once again by reservation.
- Massage and Chiropractic services are not available at this time.
- We will keep you advised as other on-site services are permitted.
We, at The Lodge, also want to share the pride we feel at our ongoing commitment to the health and welfare of the broader community with our recent participation in the Olympic Medical Center’s Red Set Go fundraiser to assist with the purchase of new heart health equipment.
We are also pleased to announce that restrictions governing on-site tours have been removed and can be arranged by appointment. I also encourage anyone interested to view the virtual video tours available on our home page and to check out the photo tour. Be sure to call us with questions.
The Lodge at Sherwood Village