Spring has definitely arrived in Sequim, and I’m eager to let you know about our upcoming activities as well as a few special new features available to our residents and guests.
We always strive to keep the Lodge community active and engaged with new adventures, day trips, and ways to immerse ourselves in the beauty of the world-famous Olympic Peninsula. Additionally, we offer excursions for our residents to cultural events in our big city neighbor, Seattle. In the coming weeks we have full calendar of outings planned including:
- An Argosy cruise to see the Seattle’s famous Ballard Locks
- A Seattle Mariners baseball game
- See the explosion of blooms at Meerkerk Rhododendron Garden on Whidbey Island
- Visit Fort Ebey – originally built as a WWII coastal defense for Puget Sound
- A trip to the world-renowned Hoh Rainforest
- A beach day at La Push on the coast
- A picnic at Salt Creek
And, after you return from your adventures, you’ll want to check out the new offerings at The Lodge Espresso where you can buy a box of Yvonne’s hand-dipped chocolates for your sweetie, enjoy new ice cream flavors (Huckleberry Heaven and Espresso Explosion) or just sit and enjoy an espresso, cappuccino, or latte with one of our fantastic homemade biscotti.
I also want to remind you of two special dates:
- Mother’s Day, May 12th, when the chef is preparing a sumptuous eggs benedict brunch, and dinner with a choice of prime rib or salmon and three special desserts.
- The annual Lodge open house, on Thursday, July 11th, when you can visit and tour our wonderful facility with family and friends.
Coming Attractions? Watch for upcoming information about Devon Court at Sherwood Village, a series of independent-living, residential units that will be associated with of The Lodge community. You’ll be surprised at how we’re growing. Stay tuned.
The Lodge at Sherwood Village